How should a Program Director at a facility document completion of Leadership training for Standard 4.3.4? What if I completed a college course on program administration instead of the MRTQ PDN training?
Individuals can self-report completion of the MRTQ PDN Child Care Leadership Institute training(s) with a certificate or copy of their Professional Development Profile (PDP) OR completion of a college course(s) that covers these topics with a transcript.
Comparable college course work will cover some or all of the following subjects:
- Legal and compliance requirements related to:
- Maine’s Employee Rights
- Sexual harassment
- Worker’s compensation and risk management
- Hiring process, including recruitment strategies
- Child Care Licensing Rules
- Developing written policies and procedures
- Working with staff, including hiring, performance evaluations, giving feedback, and conflict resolution
- Reflective practice and leadership self-assessment
- Relationships, communication, and engagement with families
- NAEYC’s Code of Ethical Conduct
- Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Marketing and fundraising strategies
Comparable college coursework should roughly equate to at least a 30-hour training. Monitoring of this requirement will occur during on-site visits conducted by the Office of Child and Family Services.
As always, please reach out to email@example.com with questions.