CORE KNOWLEDGE TRAINING PROGRAM
Core Knowledge Training denotes a standardized set of curricula covering the following eight Core Knowledge Areas:
Healthy, Safe Environments
Developmentally Appropriate Practice
Observation and Assessment
Relationships with Families
Individual & Cultural Diversity & Inclusion
Business & Professional Development
What are the benefits of enrolling in Core Knowledge Training?
Core Knowledge Training offers a consistent body of knowledge regarding best practices in early childhood education and out-of-school time programming for both new and experienced practitioners. Core Knowledge Training can be used:
- To move practitioners up the first four Levels of the Direct Care, Public School, and Legal, Unregulated Career Lattices.
- Toward earning a Maine Credential.
- To meet training requirements for national accreditation.
- Toward earning a Child Development Associate Credential (CDA).
- To meet annual training requirements of Child Care Licensing.
Core Knowledge Training is delivered by instructors with a Master’s Degree in early childhood education (or a closely related field) who have taken additional training on adult learning principles.
Need more information about Core Knowledge Training?